Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Community Events-KVH Family Fun Day

 
 
 
 

Kalihi Valley Homes...or as I remember it, HOLLYWOOD! The basketball court brought back some memories of the past. Ghetto Tip #1-If playing chase master with bigger kids that can't catch you, don't tease them.

I had fun with the kids painting this one. The two little "chachos" had my back big time. They set up, painted, and did security all at the same time.After the mural was done, we headed over to the main area for some hot dogs, popcorn, and shaved ice! A huge waterslide kept the kids busy while the main tent showcased different cultural group performances. My favorite had to be the senior citizens. These guys really got the crowd moving with the cha cha slide and electric slide.

It was a day I know I won't forget. Everyone pitched in from the community and made it happen. Talk about "Live Aloha".
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. So, so awesome!! Makes me smile looking at the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..I'm still getting the "error 99". So I've been playing with the lens and now mic pics come out SUPER BRIGHT!

    ReplyDelete