Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pidgeon Sign Language

So yesterday I'm chillin at the beach enjoying the sunset with the family in Nanakuli. The bench next to us sat a group of deaf people. At first I didn't pay any attention to what they were doing. There was a moment that everyone was on their cell phones and I had no choice BUT to mind my own business and look the other way(in the direction of the deaf people). I mean I don't like eavesdropping on peoples calls and so as I was watching them and noticed something different about the way they were signing. The posture was different as well as the motion of the hands. Then it dawned on me that these guys were speaking pidgeon to each other! Is that possible? They were even signing to the dog! I wondered if their conversations went something like...."Ho cuzz da surf was unreal yestawday ba mean cuzz mean ba afta dat i wen go home grind den crash laddat from da kanak-a-tak..."
You had to see it to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment